INTPs tend to enjoy careers that involve:
- thinking about ideas and information (Introversion)
- dealing with possibilities and potential (iNtuition)
- making decisions using objective logic (Thinking)
- using a flexible workstyle, that goes with the flow (Perception)
How to choose a career
There are three ways that personality type can help you find the best career, by considering careers that:
- are popular with your closest personality type. The most popular careers chosen by INTPs include: Analysis; Research; Science; Counselling; Entrepreneurship; Technical Specialist; Academia; Writing; Engineering; Design; Computing.
- The most popular jobs are not necessarily the most enjoyable, however. The best way to find a career is to match your unique personality profile (i.e. individual balance of preferences) with each career. To do this you will need to complete our personality test.
- The optional Careers Report also lists the jobs that INTPs said they enjoyed most.